Local Places to Check Out for Johnson County Restaurant Week [PHOTOS]
Just yesterday, the city of Cedar Rapids announced all of the local restaurants participating in the 10th annual Cedar Rapids Restaurant Week this month. If you're a Johnson County resident, you'll be happy to know that a similar event will take place in your neck of the woods in February, too!
According to the Foodie February website, the Think Iowa City Restaurant Week will take place February 18th through 28th. What exactly will that entail? The site reads:
"Restaurant Week is a week-long celebration of the culinary scene in Iowa City, Coralville, North Liberty, and surrounding areas. Participating restaurants offer guests a prix fixe menu for lunch, dinner, or both! We hope that you’ll find your new favorite restaurant or dish during Restaurant Week and encourage you to visit as many restaurants as you can."
Each time you visit one of the participating restaurants, be sure to post on social media with the hashtag "#icfoodiefeb" for a chance to be featured on the Think Iowa City social media accounts. You can also download the free #ICFoodiePass for a chance to win prizes all month long! The more restaurants you visit, the better your chances of winning.
And speaking of participating restaurants, there are over 50 in Coralville, Iowa City, North Liberty, and beyond that you can choose from. Some of the popular spots include:
- 30 Hop - 900 E 2nd Ave, Coralville
- Alebrije Mexican Restaurant - 401 S Linn St, Iowa City
- Basta Pizzeria Ristorante - 121 Iowa Ave, Iowa City
- Big Grove Brewery - 1225 S Gilbert St, Iowa City & 101 W Main St, Solon
- The Brass Fountain - 122 E Main St, Solon
- Brick & Iron - 104 E 7th Street, Coralville
- Hamburg Inn 2 - 214 North Linn St, Iowa City
- Marco’s Grilled Cheese - 117 N Linn St, Iowa City
- Reds Alehouse - 405 N Dubuque St, North Liberty
- Shorts Burger & Shine/Short’s Eastside - 18 South Clinton St & 521 Westbury Dr, Iowa City
- Tin Roost - 840 W Penn St, North Liberty
- Tribute Eatery & Bar - 901 E 2nd Ave, Coralville
You can check out the full list of participating restaurants for Think Iowa City Restaurant Week HERE.