Where To Find The Best Deals On National Cheeseburger Day!
There are some food creations that are worthy of their own holiday. Today is one of those days. Why have a hamburger when you can enjoy a CHEESEBURGER? September 18th is National Cheeseburger Day. As the late great Jimmy Buffett described it, "heaven on earth with an onion slice." We all have our favorite place to grab a 'Cheeseburger in Paradise' and many national chain restaurants are offering up big deals on this big day!
According to a recent survey, 82% of Americans say they love cheeseburgers. But what cheese should you put on top? The poll found that American cheese was the winner at 66%, followed by cheddar at 65%, swiss at 43%, pepper jack at 40%, and provolone at 31%. So when was the first cheeseburger created? It turns out you can trace its roots back to a sandwich shop in California.
National Today reports that 16-year-old Lionel Sternberger was working at his dad's sandwich shop, 'Rite Spot' in Pasadena, California in 1926, when he decided to add a slice of American cheese a a burger frying on the griddle. The rest, as they say, is history! Today it's hard to find a restaurant that doesn't offer a cheeseburger on the menu. If you're looking for some great deals on this National Cheeseburger Day, here are some national chains and the deals they are offering!
- Applebees - Today get a cheeseburger and fries for $8.99 when ordering in person or online or through their app.
- Burger King - Rewards members can get a free cheeseburger with any purchase of $1 or more using an offer from their app or website.
- Hardee's - Today rewards members can get a double cheeseburger for half off, up to four.
- Dairy Queen - DQ app users can get a free single cheeseburger with a $1 purchase or more.
- McDonald's - Get a 50-cent double cheeseburger through their mobile app.
- Wahlburgers - 50% off all burgers today only.
- Wendy's - Through September 22nd you can get a 1-cent Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger with any purchase using an offer from their app or website.
There is no wrong way to enjoy a cheeseburger. I'm a big fan of all kinds of toppings including fried eggs! But, in case you're wondering what a Cheeseburger in Paradise really tastes like...I'll leave it to Jimmy.