Iowa Ranks Near The Bottom In The U.S. For Working From Home
A lot of us are at home more thanks to the current COVID-19 pandemic. And that likely means working from home is now a reality for many of us as well. But Iowa ranks very low in terms of ease of working from home. But why?
According to a study from WalletHub, it's largely due to home size and poor access to decent internet.
The rankings in each category show Iowa is average or below in most with 1 being highest and 25th being average:
- 23rd – Share of Population Working from Home (pre-COVID-19)
- 29th – Share of Potential Telecommuters
- 35th – Households' Internet Access
- 49th – Average Home Square Footage
- 22nd – Cybersecurity
- 23rd – Average Retail Price of Electricity
- 17th – Internet Cost
Read more about the breakdowns here.
READ MORE: 6 ways the whole family can play together at home