A New Holiday Tradition Comes To Town In Eastern Iowa
A new holiday tradition and drive-through light display is coming to eastern Iowa. A nonprofit organization is putting on a more-than-month-long display to benefit services for clients.
CROSSROADS in Muscatine is excited to bring iLLUMINATE, a festive light show fundraiser, to Weed Park this holiday season. iLLUMINATE is an inclusive event meant to bring people together, create moments of joy, and spread awareness for senior and disability services through CROSSROADS and Senior Resources.
Thanks to iLLUMINATE sponsors, 100% of nightly drive-through donations will benefit services for seniors and people with disabilities in our community.
Megan Francis, Marketing Director for CROSSROADS said in the announcement,
“We are excited to share this holiday event with the Muscatine and surrounding communities. We can not thank our volunteers and event sponsors enough for their support. iLLUMINATE is an event that residents of all ages can enjoy. It also serves as an important fundraiser and awareness event for CROSSROADS and Senior Resources."
Francis says they want the community to understand the importance of CROSSROADS' services and the valuable part Direct Support Professionals play in delivering those services. Clients, DSPs, and the community surrounding the organization make CROSSROADS and Senior Resources special.
This is everything you need to know before heading to iLLUMINATE:
- Use the Colorado entrance for the event lineup.
- A $10 per car donation will support services for seniors and people with disabilities through CROSSROADS and Senior Resources.
- For the safety of all eventgoers, this event is drive-through ONLY. There is no stopping or exiting vehicles or walking at the event.
- Nightly volunteers will help collect donations and guide traffic. If you are interested in volunteering, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Please follow the CROSSROADS, Inc. Facebook and Instagram page for event updates, including closures due to inclement weather.
CROSSROADS serves over 600 individuals across eight service lines to cultivate choice and inclusion for seniors and people with disabilities. iLLUMINATE is more than a festive light experience, it is an opportunity to make a lasting impact on the lives of seniors and people with disabilities in our community.
10 Best Places To Get Coffee In The Quad Cities
Gallery Credit: Connor Kenney/Townsquare Media Quad Cities