Sweet Corn Is Now On Sale In Eastern Iowa
The sweet corn season was off to a bit of a late start this year. Thanks to the rough winter and spring we had, planting got pushed back in some areas.
It's not summer in Iowa without sweetcorn!
At least in my unprofessional opinion...
In a report from KCRG, officials said that the sweet corn harvest would be anywhere between a week to ten days later than usual this year. This is mainly due to the wet spring that we had in Iowa.
This weekend, many sweet corn spots will start selling the summer staple. Some of them have already begun to sell their first round of the vegetable.
If you're looking to make a stop to pick up your fix of Iowa Sweet Corn, then look no further! Here are some of the spots that are just starting to sell the stuff!
- 101 E Charles Street (Subway) Oelwein
- 1906 3RD SE AVE (Caseys off of 20) Independence
- Opening day Saturday, July 16th
- 4881 Texas Street Waterloo
- Open 1-5:30PM
Hesse Sweet Corn
- 1st Street (Across from McDonald's) Cedar Falls
- 4th Street SW (Miller True Value parking lot) Waverly
- Opening day Saturday, July 16th @ 9AM
- Hope Church 2736 Bowling St. South West Cedar Rapids
- Mt. Vernon Rd. (True Value Lot) Cedar Rapids
- Whittier Market on County Home Rd. Springville
If there's a spot we might have missed, let us know by messaging the station app!
Make sure to stay up to date with everything going on in the area by following the station across all social media platforms.