Girl Scout Cookie Season Kicks Off with New Decadent Chocolate Flavor
It's Girl Scout cookie time in the Quad Cities and the 2022 season begins with a new flavor. Your taste buds will tingle when you try this new chocolatey brownie-inspired bite.
The Girl Scouts of eastern Iowa and western Illinois are now selling the new Adventurefuls, an indulgent brownie-inspired cookie with caramel-flavored crème and a hint of sea salt.
Adventurefuls joins the whole portfolio of iconic Girl Scout Cookies including favorites like Thin Mints®,
You'll be able to buy the new cookie starting January 7. That's when the Girl Scouts start cookie season by taking orders for cookies online and in person. Beginning February 18, 2022, cookie orders will arrive and cookie booths will pop up again.
If you know a Girl Scout, ask how she’s selling cookies. If you do not know a Girl Scout, go to www.GirlScoutsToday.org. A digital map is available for customers to select a nearby troop to order cookies online. Traditional Girl Scout Cookie flavors are $5/package and the gluten-free Toffee-tastics are $6/package. Doordash will bring cookies to you too.
In case you're wondering how the new cookie, Adventurefuls got it's name, here's what the Girl Scouts have to say:
The new Adventurefuls have an incredible taste of adventure in every bite, inspired by the amazing adventures Girl Scouts go on all year long.
As the largest fundraiser for girls in eastern Iowa and western Illinois, every Girl Scout Cookie purchase fuels local Girl Scouts’ adventures like:
- Kaelee Wolf and Alivia Isaacson from Bettendorf, Iowa, traveling to Colorado on a backpacking journey through the mountains
- Troop 5875 from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, venturing to the Boundary Waters for a canoeing adventure
- Hundreds of Girl Scouts coming together at the premier summer camp, Camp Liberty, to develop their outdoor skills and conquer thrilling challenges on the high ropes course, zip line, and horseback riding trails.
We all love Girl Scout cookies, but maybe you didn't know with every box you buy you're actually helping girls become entrepreneurs and learn important online and offline business skills that set them up for success in life.
In 2022, Girl Scouts will have many opportunities to sell cookies in different ways:
- Through the Digital Cookie platform, Girl Scouts customize their cookie website and promote their business on social media, through email, and with QR codes that link customers to purchasing cookies from them online.
- Those iconic order cards have never gone away. Girl Scouts still go door-to-door to take cookie orders from family, friends, and neighbors.
- As a troop, Girl Scouts collaborate to plan and host Cookie Booths outside local retailers and at community events.
So load up on the cookies! You know they're delicious and now there's a gluten-free option. Cookies freeze well too so you can't buy too many!
Help a young woman and get a bite of some tasty treats too! I can't wait to try the new flavor.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois
Girl Scouts work together to build a better world! Through programs from coast to coast, Girl Scouts of all backgrounds and abilities can be unapologetically themselves as they discover their strengths and rise to meet new challenges—whether they want to climb to the top of a tree or the top of their class, lace up their boots for a hike or advocate for climate justice, or make their first best friends. Backed by trusted adult volunteers, mentors, and millions of alums, Girl Scouts lead the way as they find their voices and make changes that affect the issues most important to them. To join us, volunteer, reconnect or donate, visit www.GirlScoutsToday.org.
100 Interesting Facts About The Quad Cities You May Or May Not Know