Check Out Enormous Pumpkins This Weekend in Jones County
The "Pumpkin Capital of Iowa" will host another fun festival this weekend! Anamosa Pumpkinfest is back for 2023 and there are a TON of activities on the schedule! Here's everything you need to know:
When is Pumpkinfest?
Pumpkinfest will take place on Main Street in Anamosa Saturday, October 7th beginning at 8 a.m. A couple of other activities will be happening the following morning on Sunday, October 8th.
Where do I see all the giant pumpkins?
The Ryan Norlin GIANT Pumpkin Weigh-Off kicks off on Saturday morning at the Lawrence Community Center. It will run from 8 a.m. to noon, but the pumpkins will remain on display until 4 p.m. Over $20,000 in prizes will be awarded to the winners, with the official awards ceremony beginning at noon. Admission is $3 per person, or $5 if you want a Pumpkinfest button. Ages 12 and under are free.
What else is happening on Saturday?
- The Pumpkinfest 5K starts at 9 a.m. - you can register online HERE
- A Car, Truck, & Bike Show will be set-up at Wayne Hall Jeep-Dodge-Chrysler from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The Pumpkinfest Parade begins at 2 p.m. - it starts on South Elm Street and runs up Main Street, just past the Lawrence Community Center
- Two Escape Rooms will be located at the Lawrence Community Center from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. - sign up for a time slot HERE
- Test your operating skills at the Boomerang Equipment Rodeo from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the corner of Main Street & N. Scott Street - the cost is $5 per person, per turn and there are cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
- Check out food and craft vendors on Main Street from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Test your carving skills and check out some awesome pumpkin art from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Pumpkin Carving Exhibit
- The Kids Zone (for ages 12 and under) will offer a pumpkin toss, putt-putt, a bouncy house, games, and more from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. - balloon animals will be available from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Take your aggression out at the Car Smash at the corner of Huber Street & Main Street from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. - it's $1 per swing or $15 for 20 swings
What's going on on Sunday?
The Rotary Club of Anamosa will host their annual pancake breakfast at the Lawrence Community Center from 8 a.m. to noon. Both regular and pumpkin pancakes will be available for a free will donation.
There's also a big golf tournament taking place at the Wapsi Country Club beginning at 10 a.m.
You can check out a full schedule of Saturday and Sunday's events at Anamosa Pumpkinfest HERE.
Iowans Show Off Their Best Halloween Costumes Ever
Gallery Credit: Courtlin